- during the Bazaar scene, while fighting and calling out his actions, Bravestone dispatches one of Van Pelt's henchmen by using his wrestling finisher, the Rock Bottom (a body slam move)
- Fridge's football jersey reads #94. Johnson was formerly a football player at the University of Miami with his jersey reading #94
- Finbar says that Bravestone is 6'5 tall and weighs 270 pounds. That is Johnson's weight and height in real life
- At one point, Bravestone refers to himself in third person and the other characters comment about it. One of Johnson's WWE persona "The Rock"'s character traits is speaking about himself in third person, "Do you smell what The Rock is cookin'?"
- 1996, The year Alex was sucked into the game was the year 'The Rock" had his first WWE match.
The previous film Jumanji (1995) was directed by Joe Johnston, who worked on the visual effects for Les aventuriers de l'arche perdue (1981).
- one clue appears as a rhyming couplet.
- Another clue appears in the form of an elephant token. This was Alan Parrish's game piece from Jumanji (1995). Alan was the last player who was stuck in the game for twenty-six years.
- Albino rhinos appear in Jumanji. As a board game, one of its board game pieces was a white rhino.
- When the game is completed, the landscape shows interlocking paths that resemble Jumanji's board game layout.