Selena Gomez became emotional as she remembered a family that drowned last month after their van was tragically swept away in the rising floodwaters in her hometown of Houston during Hurricane Harvey.
At Tuesday’s celebrity telethon to raise money for hurricane relief efforts, Gomez spoke through tears as she remembered the Saldivar family – relatives of the late singer Selena Quintanilla.
“August 27, seven members of the Saldivar family tried to escape the rising flood waters. Their van is swept into the bayou, only Sammy Saldivar manages to survive,” Gomez, 25, said during the Hand in Hand: A Benefit for Hurricane Relief telethon. »
- Char Adams
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- Matt Damon to play a con man in Charlatan (From Flickeringmyth. 23 September 2017, 12:20 PM, PDT)
- George Clooney To Donald Trump: “F*ck You!” (From GossipCop. 23 September 2017, 10:18 AM, PDT)
- George Clooney Does Not Use Fake Self-Tanner, Despite Report (From GossipCop. 22 September 2017, 8:55 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Irishman’ Photos: On Set of Martin Scorsese’s New Gangster Drama (From Indiewire. 22 September 2017, 4:40 PM, PDT)
- Bradley Cooper-Lady Gaga’s ‘Star Is Born’ Moves to May 2018 (From Variety - Film News. 22 September 2017, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Martin Scorsese to Teach First-Ever Online Filmmaking Class (From Variety - Film News. 22 September 2017, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- Selena Gomez’s New Puppy Helping Her Heal With ‘Love & Support’ After Kidney Transplant (From HollywoodLife. 23 September 2017, 10:06 AM, PDT)
- Selena Gomez Not Going To Be “American Idol” Judge, Despite Report (From GossipCop. 23 September 2017, 9:47 AM, PDT)
- The 35 Most Anticipated New Music of Fall 2017 (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 September 2017, 1:47 PM, PDT)