Former congressman Anthony Weiner admitted in court Friday to sending sexually explicit messages and photos to a 15-year-old girl, People confirms.
Weiner pleaded guilty in federal court to a single count of transferring obscene material to a minor. The disgraced politician surrendered to the FBI in New York Friday morning, and pleaded guilty before United States District Judge Loretta Preska.
Weiner was released on bail and will be sentenced on September 8. He faces up to 10 years in prison.
A court official tells People Weiner fought through tears as he read a statement in court. He acknowledged sending sexually explicit texts »
- Tierney McAfee and Chris Harris
Similar News ItemsHillary Clinton
- ‘Humanitarian Crisis’ Fears Grow in Puerto Rico in Aftermath of Hurricane Maria (From PEOPLE.com. 25 September 2017, 12:48 PM, PDT)
- George Clooney Says Hillary Clinton Is 'Incredibly Qualified’ to Be President But Never Elevated ‘Her Game’ During Election (From PEOPLE.com. 25 September 2017, 9:23 AM, PDT)
- Obama Warned Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg About Fake News 2 Weeks After Election (From The Wrap. 25 September 2017, 8:46 AM, PDT)
- Anthony Weiner Convicted For Sexting Teen, Will Serve 21 Months in Prison (From PasteMagazine. 25 September 2017, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- Anthony Weiner Complains He Got Harsher Sentence Because He's Famous (From TMZ. 25 September 2017, 12:43 PM, PDT)
- Anthony Weiner sentenced to 21 months in prison (From The AV Club. 25 September 2017, 9:49 AM, PDT)
- Everything to Know About Anthony Weiner After He’s Sentenced to 21 Months For Sexting With 15-Year-Old (From PEOPLE.com. 25 September 2017, 9:13 AM, PDT)
- Anthony Weiner Gets Federal Prison for Sexting Teenager – in Case That Shook Presidential Election (From PEOPLE.com. 25 September 2017, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- Broken Anthony Weiner Admits in Tortured Letter to Judge That His Sexting Scandal ‘Crushed’ Wife Huma Abedin’s Career (From PEOPLE.com. 14 September 2017, 2:27 PM, PDT)