The deal was announced Thursday at the Cannes Film Festival, where Sierra/Affinity is handling foreign sales. It’s the second release for Annapurna’s nascent distribution operation, which launches with the Aug. 4 opening of “Detroit,” Kathryn Bigelow’s drama about the race riots of 1967.
Amazon Studios came on to co-finance and handle the North American theatrical release of “Brad’s Status” in October. Mike White directed the movie, which also stars Michael Sheen, Luke Wilson, Jenna Fischer and Austin Abrams.
Sidney Kimmel Entertainment first unveiled the project in July after White brought the project to Ske with Plan B attached. Ske, Plan B, and Dave Bernad are producing. Ske and Amazon are co-financing the film.
Stiller plays the titular Brad who, »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsChristian Bale
- HBO's Spielberg Documentary Trailer Explores the Genius Behind the Director (From MovieWeb. 24 September 2017, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- HBO releases trailer for its Spielberg documentary (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2017, 10:22 AM, PDT)
- The Wasp Costume Fully Revealed in New Ant-Man 2 Set Photos (From MovieWeb. 21 September 2017, 7:57 AM, PDT)
- ‘Battle of the Sexes’ and ‘Victoria & Abdul’ Launch Fall Wave; ‘Loving Vincent’ Shows Animated Start (From Indiewire. 24 September 2017, 10:21 AM, PDT)
- With ‘Battle of the Sexes,’ the Co-Directors of ‘Little Miss Sunshine’ Finally Let the Sunshine of Reality In (From Variety - Film News. 24 September 2017, 10:04 AM, PDT)
- Hillary Clinton’s Craziest Pop Culture References in ‘What Happened’: ‘Game of Thrones,’ ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Veep,’ and More (From Indiewire Television. 22 September 2017, 2:21 PM, PDT)
Adam Sandler (I)
- David Spade Is Aware of That Weird Kurt Cobain Mural, but Does He Agree That It’s Better to Burn Out Than Fade Away? (From Indiewire. 24 September 2017, 10:59 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Star-Studded Trailer for Noah Baumbach Comedy ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ (From Backstage. 22 September 2017, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Hand in Hand: A Benefit For Hurricane Relief Raises More Than $55 Million (From Look to the Stars. 21 September 2017, 12:30 PM, PDT)