The deal was announced Thursday at the Cannes Film Festival, where Sierra/Affinity is handling foreign sales. It’s the second release for Annapurna’s nascent distribution operation, which launches with the Aug. 4 opening of “Detroit,” Kathryn Bigelow’s drama about the race riots of 1967.
Amazon Studios came on to co-finance and handle the North American theatrical release of “Brad’s Status” in October. Mike White directed the movie, which also stars Michael Sheen, Luke Wilson, Jenna Fischer and Austin Abrams.
Sidney Kimmel Entertainment first unveiled the project in July after White brought the project to Ske with Plan B attached. Ske, Plan B, and Dave Bernad are producing. Ske and Amazon are co-financing the film.
Stiller plays the titular Brad who, »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsChristian Bale
- Kevin Conroy says Ben Affleck is the best Batman (From Flickeringmyth. 27 July 2017, 1:05 PM, PDT)
- Venice Film Festival line-up offers big names and big surprises (From ScreenDaily. 27 July 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- James Cameron hints at revisiting Terminator with a new trilogy (From HeyUGuys. 26 July 2017, 3:59 AM, PDT)
- ‘Lawrence of Arabia’ 70mm Restoration: Watch David Lean’s Masterpiece As It Was Meant to Be Seen (From Indiewire. 26 July 2017, 8:59 AM, PDT)
- Brad’s Status Trailer Starring Ben Stiller (From FilmJunk. 26 July 2017, 8:58 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Force’ Trailer: Sundance Winner Follows One Year in the Life of Embattled Police Department (From Indiewire. 26 July 2017, 5:45 AM, PDT)
Adam Sandler (I)
- ‘Atypical’ Is An Unusually Unwatchable Netflix Show About Autism [Review] (From The Playlist. 28 July 2017, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- 'Brigsby Bear' Review: 'SNL' Vets' Quirk-Com Gives Us a Manchild With a Soul (From Rolling Stone. 28 July 2017, 9:38 AM, PDT)
- Adam Sandler’s Latest Netflix Film Casts Rachel Dratch (From Screen Rant. 28 July 2017, 6:24 AM, PDT)