The deal was announced Thursday at the Cannes Film Festival, where Sierra/Affinity is handling foreign sales. It’s the second release for Annapurna’s nascent distribution operation, which launches with the Aug. 4 opening of “Detroit,” Kathryn Bigelow’s drama about the race riots of 1967.
Amazon Studios came on to co-finance and handle the North American theatrical release of “Brad’s Status” in October. Mike White directed the movie, which also stars Michael Sheen, Luke Wilson, Jenna Fischer and Austin Abrams.
Sidney Kimmel Entertainment first unveiled the project in July after White brought the project to Ske with Plan B attached. Ske, Plan B, and Dave Bernad are producing. Ske and Amazon are co-financing the film.
Stiller plays the titular Brad who, »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsChristian Bale
- Chris Cornell Burial Service Draws Hundreds of Celeb Friends and Fans (Photos) (From TMZ. 26 May 2017, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Chris Cornell Laid to Rest in Los Angeles (From PEOPLE.com. 26 May 2017, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- Watch Ben Affleck Attempt To Replicate Christian Bale's Infamous Batman Voice (From LRM Online. 26 May 2017, 12:05 PM, PDT)
- Ben Stiller & Christine Taylor To Split After 17 Years Of Marriage (From Uinterview. 27 May 2017, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- Ben Stiller Enjoyed Pizza on Italy Trip Before He and Christine Taylor Announced Split (From E! Online. 27 May 2017, 8:53 AM, PDT)
- Ben Stiller Wastin' Away in Margherita-Ville After Separation (Photo) (From TMZ. 27 May 2017, 5:49 AM, PDT)
Adam Sandler (I)
- Cannes 2017. Family Matters—Noah Baumbach’s “The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected)” (From MUBI. 28 May 2017, 9:16 AM, PDT)
- Cannes 2017 Review: The Meyerowitz Stories (New And Selected), Rich on Dysfunctional Delight (From Screen Anarchy. 28 May 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Cannes: Predicting This Year’s Palme d’Or Winner and Other Awards (From Variety - Film News. 27 May 2017, 12:52 PM, PDT)